Registering a new Freckle app
Registering a new OAuth2 application
If you're developing an application that connects to Freckle, you can use OAuth2 to authenticate users and access the API!
Important: There are 2 types of applications, depending on the kind of app you're developing:
- Public: Any Freckle user will be able authenticate through this application once it has been approved. Use this if you're integrating your app with Freckle.
- Private: Only users in this Freckle account will be able authenticate through this application. Use this if you're writing an internal integration for your team.
To register a new Freckle app, follow these steps:
- Click Integrations & Apps or Connected Apps in the green navigation sidebar
- Click the Freckle API tab
- Look for Register an app and click Register…
- Fill out the form to set up your new application
- Click the Save button to register the app and get your OAuth2 credentials
- Configure your app to use your OAuth2 credentials